Most of the time when I am on Yahoo Answers or any other forum people ask the same question over and over again: The Difference between Defender Series and Commuter Series. I decided to make this post on our blog today and try to explain the difference between the series of Otterbox cases.
The Defender series case is the most protection you can ever get from Otterbox. It’s indestructible case for those who do construction, police, fire fighters or any other tough job, where your smart phone or iPod needs a protection. I personally use a defender case even though I don’t do construction, because I like the way it protects. Only the defender comes with a belt clip holster, which can also be used a kickstand to watch movies and only defender has a built in screen protector. The way the defender case is built:
1) hard shell skeleton case which sits tightly on your device.
2) built in screen protector- the devices screen is fully usable through the clear membrane.
3) soft silicone case- wraps the skeleton hard case around.
4) silicone plugs for charging port,
silent switch, headphone jack, etc.
5) belt clip holster- rotating holster will hold your phone securely on your belt. Can also be used as a kickstand.
6) all the functions are usable through the case: camera, buttons, touch screen, charging port, headphone jack, etc.
For Blackberry phones Defender cases cone with the clear plastic protector for keyboard.
It’s the best case , but for those who say it’s too bulky there is a commuter series.
Commuter series has the most features of the defender case, but not all. For instance, commuter series don’t have the built in screens and the belt clip holster. Commuter is slimmer case comparing to the defender, but it gives a very good protection. It consists of several layers:
1) soft case – wraps around the device providing a shockproof protection.
2) hard case- goes over the silicone case an makes the soft case stay in place and at the same time prevents the device from cracking if it falls.
3) screen protection installation kit- clear screen guard, cleaning cloth, squeegee, instructions.
4) silicone plugs- covers charging port and the headphone jack. Please note: all the functions are accessible through the case.
Don’t buy just the hard cases ( the ones they sell in the malls). If you drop your phone with the just the hard case on, it will pop open and the device will obviously crack.
Update: We no longer sell OtterBox cases because of policy changes made by OtterBox. From now on, if you see OtterBox cases being sold online, most likely its fake. Otterbox now only wholesales to retail businesses, not online sellers.
We do however sell cellphone accessories for most smartphones, including:
click the link to see accessories available: